Orange Olive Oil Biscotti
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
½ cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup Sciabica's Orange Olive Oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 egg whites
1 ¼ cup almond slices
1 tablespoon molasses
- Foil line cookie sheets, grease lightly with Orange Olive Oil. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in mixing bowl; make a well in center.
- In another bowl, add eggs, molasses, olive oil and vanilla, stir to blend.
- Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients, stir until dough holds together. Add almonds.
- Place dough on floured board, cut into 5 or 6 pieces. Roll each piece into a log, about 1-1/2 by 12 inches long. Place logs four inches apart on prepared cookie sheets, bake for about 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven; let cool about 15 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife cut each log diagonally into ½ to ¾ inch wide slices.
- Place biscotti cut side down on cookie sheets; bake for 8 to 10 minutes to toast.